- The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective and are the best tool for protection from the virus. For information on getting the vaccine, visit our COVID-19 Vaccine page.
Testing is vital to reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- To find a testing location near you, visit nyc.gov/covidtest or text “COVID TEST” to 855-48.
- Visit the New York City Health + Hospitals list of testing sites.
- Use the New York State search tool for finding the sites closest to you, including pharmacies.
NYC Health and Hospitals: Test for COVID-19, Flu, and RSV
- Anyone can be tested for COVID-19, and symptomatic patients can be tested for COVID-19, the flu, and RSV at NYCH&H test sites. A full list of sites in The Bronx can be found here: https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/covid-19-testing-sites/
Free Home Tests via USPS
- Residential households in the U.S. can order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com. Visit the USPS website at special.usps.com/testkits for full details.
Free COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
Free COVID-19 rapid testing, PCR testing, clinical evaluation and direct connection to the anti-viral medication Paxlovid is available to you at our mobile Test to Treat sites and Health + Hospitals facilities, which can be found in many locations across the five boroughs. You can also pick up free at-home test kits at over 250 NYC walk-up distribution locations to keep yourself and your loved ones prepared at the first signs of symptoms or exposure!
Use the City’s COVID-19 Test Site Finder to find the no-cost City-run testing site most convenient to you, including a search filter to find the NYC Test & Treat Corps’ mobile Test-to-Treat units and free at-home test distribution sites.
Governor Kathy Hochul announced the launch of a new free Hotline for those who test positive for COVID-19, but don’t have a health care provider, as part of the administration’s ongoing efforts to keep New Yorkers protected throughout the pandemic. The Hotline, 888-TREAT-NY, was launched by the New York State Department of Health after reaching an agreement to utilize the Virtual ExpressCare platform operated by NYC Health + Hospitals.
All New Yorkers outside of New York City, regardless of income or health insurance coverage who test COVID-19 positive, are eligible to be evaluated for treatment by calling 888-TREAT-NY (888-873-2869) or completing an evaluation at the NYS COVID-19 ExpressCare Therapeutics Access website, which includes a telemedicine visit. New York City residents should call 212-COVID-19.
Full details on the hotline are available here.
Isolation Hotel Program for Those with COVID-19
COVID-19 is extremely contagious, meaning that it is easily transmitted from one person to another. If you tested positive for COVID-19 or think you might have it because of your symptoms, it is very important that you do not come in close contact with others, including people you may live with. This is called “self-isolation.” You may qualify to self-isolate in a hotel, free of charge, for up to 14 days if you do not have a safe place to self-isolate.
For more information, visit the NYC website.
Housing & the New York State Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- The New York State Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) will provide significant economic relief to help low and moderate-income households at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability by providing rental arrears, temporary rental assistance and utility arrears assistance. Visit https://otda.ny.gov/programs/Emergency-Rental-Assistance/ for details and to apply.
- The Mayor’s Office to Protect Tenants has resources for tenants.
New York State Homeowner Assistance Fund
Governor Kathy Hochul announced that applications are now being accepted for the New York State Homeowner Assistance Fund (NYS HAF), a program that will provide up to $539 million in aid or other direct assistance to help eligible homeowners who are at risk of default, foreclosure, or displacement due to financial hardship caused by the pandemic. For details, visit: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-announces-applications-now-being-accepted-539-million-homeowner-assistance
- Visit NYC’s portal for COVID-19 information and the NYC DOHMH’s main page for COVID-19 information.
- The number for the NYC 24-Hour Coronavirus hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- Visit New York State’s main page for COVID-19 information.
- Centers for Disease Control (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html)
Bronx Virtual COVID-19 Memorial
Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. has launched a virtual memorial to Bronxites who lost their lives to COVID-19. There are two parts to the memorial: a video honoring those who were lost and a memorial page on our website. To submit the name of a Bronxite for inclusion on the memorial page, please fill out this form.