Resources for the LGBTQ+ Community
The Bronx Borough President’s Office continues to highlight resources for LGBTQ+ communities during these challenging times. Below are links to organizations that support youth and adults with mental health, social and emotional support networks to deal with the stressors of the COVID19 pandemic and the climate of ongoing injustices against Black Americans.
- Destination Tomorrow: The Bronx LGBTQ community center
- Fierce – Fierce develops politically conscious leaders who are invested in improving ourselves and our communities through youth-led campaigns, leadership development programs, and cultural expression through arts and media.
- The Trevor Project – The Trevor Project supports Black and Brown LGBTQ youth in crisis and dealing with discrimination, rejection, and violence in their communities.
- LGBT National Health Center – The LGBT National Help Center serves the lesbian, gay bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning community by providing free and confidential peer support and local resources.
- Advocates for Youth – Advocates for Youth is a network for youth activists aged 14-24, who receive training, support, and stipends to organize for reproductive justice in your community.
- Coronavirus online therapy – Short-term, pro-bono and reduced-fee online therapy for those on the front line during the Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic.